Larnach Castle Tours with The Castle Cruiser
Tours are 4 hours in duration and you will spend the longest time at Larnach Castle of the daily scheduled tours that go there, leaving you more time to explore - Guaranteed!
We also have the smallest group size with a maximum of 13 people which means that we are not only the most personalised of all the tours to Larnach Castle but also we are able to easily move thorough the Castle, unlike larger groups which often congest various rooms
Your tour includes:
- Central City Accommodation Pick-up/Drop off
- Transfers to/from the Castle
- A Dunedin City Sights tour including stops at the Larnach Tomb/The World's Steepest Street/Otago University and also on Otago Peninsula allowing for fantastic photographic opportunities.
- All entry fees to both the Castle and Gardens
- A Fully guided tour of the Castle with an expert guide who will show you things other tour groups will not see
- Enough time to wander the "Alice in Wonderland" themed gardens or to take in refreshments at the Ballroom Café following your tour of the Castle
We are Dunedin's only " locally owned and operated", daily tour to this New Zealand tourist icon and as such you are not only ensured of a completely unique Dunedin experience but are also sound in the knowledge that your valuable tourism dollar is staying right here in the city where you spent it and not going outside of the region.
"Keep it Local" we say!!!
On The Castle Cruiser you will learn about one of Dunedin's most truly remarkable families - the Larnach's - their colourful history, as well as the magnificent Scottish Baronial Manor that has ensured them their permanent place in Dunedin history and folklore.
Breathtaking views combined with all the drama of William Larnach's life make this tour both spectacularly scenic as well as scandalous.
This tour is a must do for any person interested in learning about one of New Zealand's leading 19th Century business pioneers and the tragedy that beset him.
You will also hear how one families dream has saved the Castle from "wrack and ruin" and how they have restored the Castle to its former glory so that future generations can fully appreciate its extravagance and magnificence.